In the latest developments in the Sushant Singh Rajput’s case, the Mumbai Police have addressed the media and have formally narrated the series of events in the investigation into the actor’s demise. In the statement, the Police Commissioner, Param Bir Singh said that the police have recorded about 56 statements and have ruled out reports of an alleged party that took place at the actor’s residence the night before.
According to a report on Times Now, Mumbai Police sources were quoted saying, “56 statements have been recorded so far. Sushant Singh was depressed after Disha’s death. No party happened at Sushant’s place on the night before he died.”
#Breaking | Mumbai Police sources: 56 statements have been recorded so far. Sushant Singh was depressed after Disha… https://t.co/44J2tje4II
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) 1596436665000
Reports also state that during an interrogation with the Bihar Police, Sushant’s househelp dismissed all rumours of a house party hosted on that particular night.
This confirmation comes in shortly after rumours doing the rounds claimed that an influential person was at the party that allegedly took place on June 13. The actor was found dead hanging in his apartment on June 14.
In a statement to the media, the Police Commissioner said, “Forensic team visited Sushant’s apartment on June 15. Mumbai Police is investigating all angles.”
#Breaking | Forensic team visited Sushant’s apartment on June 15. Mumbai Police is investigating all angles: Param… https://t.co/fISi8tIfjg
— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) 1596439348000
Assuring that the police were taking on this case from “all angles”, be it “professional rivalry, financial distress and health-related issues.”
The Commissioner also assured that the police have “not spared anyone” from the investigations.
In another report, the dean of the Mumbai hospital where the post-mortem of the actor’s body was conducted, said in a statement to Times Now that there was “no foul play” involved in the actor’s death. He also stated that no statements on the same could be made right now as the post-mortem was conducted and the reports were with the forensic department.
Besides these, the police investigations have also dismissed allegations of a sum of 15 crore being transferred from the late actor’s account to actress Rhea Chakraborty’s accounts.
Sushant’s father KK Singh filed an FIR with the Patna police against Rhea on grounds of ‘abetment of suicide’ besides other charges including ‘cheating’. The actress, on the other hand, has appealed to the Supreme Court to transfer the case from the Bihar police to the Mumbai Police.