Asymptomatic, clinically stable, says hospital
Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit had tested positive for COVID-19 but is asymptomatic and clinically stable, Kauvery Hospital in Chennai said on Sunday evening.
“As the infection is mild, he has been advised home isolation and will be monitored by the medical team from Kauvery Hospital,” stated a health bulletin from the private hospital in Alwarpet here.
The Governor underwent further tests and assessment at the hospital on Sunday morning.
At least 87 persons living in the Raj Bhavan, the official residence of Governor have tested positive for COVID-19 since the past few days.
Subscribe to Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Aug 2, 2020 7:07:35 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/tamilnadu-chennai-governor/article32253197.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.