Ravi Shankar Prasad. File
Union Home Minister Amit Shah tested positive for COVID-19 on August 2 and was admitted to a private hospital in Gurugram
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad on Monday said he has gone into self-isolation as per protocol after Home Minister Amit Shah tested positive for COVID-19.
Mr. Prasad, who holds the portfolio of Law, IT and Telecom, had met Mr. Shah on Saturday.
“Friends! I’m absolutely fine. To follow protocol I hv isolated myself at home for few days as I had met Amit Shah Ji on Saturday evening for n official meeting. I’m working from home & following daily routine including Yoga & exercise. Also reading books & enjoying classical music,” Mr. Prasad tweeted on Monday.
Mr. Shah was admitted to a private hospital in Gurugram on Sunday. The Home Minister had via a tweet requested those who had come in contact with him in the last few days to get tested for the novel coronavirus and isolate themselves.
Subscribe to Morning Filter & Evening Wrap newsletter
- Comments will be moderated by The Hindu editorial team.
- Comments that are abusive, personal, incendiary or irrelevant cannot be published.
- Please write complete sentences. Do not type comments in all capital letters, or in all lower case letters, or using abbreviated text. (example: u cannot substitute for you, d is not ‘the’, n is not ‘and’).
- We may remove hyperlinks within comments.
- Please use a genuine email ID and provide your name, to avoid rejection.
Printable version | Aug 3, 2020 7:31:08 PM | https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/coronavirus-ravi-shankar-prasad-self-isolates-says-he-met-amit-shah-on-august-1-evening/article32260171.ece
© THG PUBLISHING PVT LTD.