Disengagement is incomplete, India tells China

Disengagement is incomplete, India tells China

NEW DELHI: After China claimed earlier this week that disengagement along the LAC had been completed at most locations, the government on Thursday said while there had been some progress, the process had “as yet not been completed”.

Responding to queries on remarks by the

Chinese foreign ministry

, the ministry of external affairs said senior commanders of the two sides will meet in the near future to work out steps for further disengagement.

Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava

said the government expected China to sincerely work with India for complete disengagement and de-escalation at the earliest as agreed to by special representatives

Ajit Doval

and Wang Yi.

Peace at border is the basis of our ties with China: India

As we have stated earlier, the maintenance of peace and tranquillity in the border areas is the basis of our bilateral relationship,” said the official. Disengagement, according to sources, has been far from complete at least in the

Pangong Tso

and Depsang areas from where the Chinese troops are apparently reluctant to move back. This was one of the main reasons why India, in the last round of diplomatic talks, had insisted on early and complete disengagement.

“As border troops have disengaged in most localities, the situation on the ground is de-escalating and the temperature is coming down,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin had said in

Beijing

. The Chinese media too has been suggesting that, barring Pangong, disengagement has been completed in areas like Galwan, Hot Springs and

Kongka Pass

.

In Video:Disengagement along LAC is incomplete, India categorically tells China

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *