DAILY CHECK-INS: 0/5 completed
* TimesPoints expire in 1 year from the day of credit
The Premier League said on Tuesday that six people from three different clubs had tested positive for COVID-19 out of a sample of 748 individuals. The novel coronavirus tests were taken on Sunday and Monday ahead of the return to small group training.
“Players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate for a period of seven days,” the league said in a statement.
“The Premier League is providing this aggregated information for the purposes of competition integrity and transparency.
“No specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the League and results will be made public in this way after each round of testing.”
On Monday, the Premier League voted to allow clubs to begin small group, non-contact training with some clubs returning on Tuesday.
The league will decide early next week when to allow contact training as it looks for a June restart to the season which was halted on March 13.
On Saturday, Germany’s top-flight became the first major European league to return to action.
The Bundesliga returned 10 positives out of 1,700 tests, on May 4, ahead of its return to training.
more from times of india Sports
- Who will be inside stadiums when Bundesliga returns15 May, 2020, 1947 hrs IST01:34
- Football legend IM Vijayan urges fans to maintain social distancing3 Apr, 2020, 2229 hrs IST00:46
- COVID19: ISL final to be held in empty stadium12 Mar, 2020, 2233 hrs IST01:53
- Covid-19: I’m a football manager, don’t understand coronavirus, says Jürgen Norbert Klopp5 Mar, 2020, 1242 hrs IST00:49
- Shaheed Manoranjan Football Tournament kicks off in Imphal20 Feb, 2020, 1303 hrs IST01:33
- Transgender woman could make Argentine soccer history14 Feb, 2020, 2309 hrs IST03:42
- Watch: Players clash with pitch-invading fan in Brazil3 Feb, 2020, 1502 hrs IST01:16
- Bala Devi first Indian woman footballer to bag contract with foreign club30 Jan, 2020, 1255 hrs IST01:27
- The 12 captains of Indian Women’s League sing the national anthem28 Jan, 2020, 1058 hrs IST00:57
- Meet the 12 captains of the Indian Women’s League27 Jan, 2020, 1531 hrs IST02:19